Created: 4 November 2015 Last updated: 27 July 2017. This privacy notice outlines the way Triumph Motorcycles (Triumph Motorcycles Limited, Ashby Road, Measham, Swadlincote, Derbyshire. DE12 7JP) collects, uses and looks after your personal information.
We will also collect information about you for articles we publish. This will only happen where you have sent us the information yourself or you have consented to its use.
For our online services which are hosted in the UK we will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 when processing your personal data. Where information is physically collected in a country outside the UK, we will endeavour to meet the legal requirements of that country.
Personal data collected through the American site, TriumphMotorcycles.com, is collected and stored in the USA. If you complete a form or provide personal data in any other way on this part of our site, your data will be processed in accordance with privacy laws in the USA.
How we use your information
We use your information in the following ways:
• To provide you with the services you have requested
• We will use your feedback to help improve our services and products
• If you have provided us with your consent, we will store your data and communicate Triumph marketing messages to you.
• We may use your data to personalise your visit to our online services
• We may use your data to contact you about research
• We may ask you to complete a satisfaction survey when you buy a product or service from us
Who we share your information with
We may share your information with the following:
• Third party marketing agencies to carry out marketing activities on our behalf
• Third party research agencies to carry out research on our behalf
• Third party data processors who we appoint to carry out work on our behalf
• Our authorised dealers and distributors (when booking a test ride for example)
• Other Triumph companies or subsidiaries (including all companies under common control or ownership)
We do not allow other companies to collect your personally identifiable data through our online services unless it is needed to provide a service you have requested.
We will make efforts to ensure we only contact you for marketing purposes if you have asked us to. We will ask for your consent to send you marketing material. You will also be given the opportunity to opt-out of marketing when we do contact you. If we do make a mistake and you want to tell us, please write to:
Triumph Motorcycles Limited,
How you can access your data and change it if it’s wrong
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. We also want to make sure your information is up-to-date and accurate, you can ask us to correct or remove information you think is incorrect.
Some of our online services allow you to logon so you can see the data we hold about you and make appropriate changes. As an alternative you can contact us using the above address.
You also have the right:
• to ask us where we got your data
• to ask us how we process your data
• to ask us to stop processing your data if it is causing you distress
Cookies and other tracking technology
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user’s computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user, or the page itself can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from one visit to the website (or related site) to the next.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your machine as well as more general information about cookies.
Restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our online services.
• Triumph Motorcycles websites http://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/global-content/website-cookies-used
• For The Ride Blog http://fortheride.com/privacy-cookie-policy/
We may use pixel tags as part of our online services. Pixel Tags (also called clear GIFs, web beacons, or pixels) are small blocks of code on a webpage that can collect information such as:
• the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the device that accessed the page containing the tag
• the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of the page on which the pixel tag appears
• the time the page containing the pixel tag was viewed
• the type of browser that fetched the pixel tag, and
• the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server.
When corresponding with you via HTML capable e-mail, we may use 'format sensing' technology, which allows pixel tags to let us know whether you received and opened our e-mail.
We may use unique hyperlinks in e-mails we send to you; this is to see if e-mails have been opened and responded to.
Do not Track (browser setting)
Our online services do not currently recognise ‘do not track’ signals.